Loading...

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Where Have I Been?

I know when I started this blog I intended to be dilligent, keep it up to date, keep it informative, interesting, fun, post pictures and videos and all kinds of fancy stuff. Well I must admit I've done none of the above. I return to my blog to find it is as lonely as ever. No comments, no followers no nothing, not even moi - la blogger. Shocking.


I have to admit I have had a few diversions from music. It's not to say that I've abandoned my second album, it's just that so many other things have happened. For one thing, I've been trying to complete my first novel. It's almost there and I'm going to try for a publishing deal. I know - about as likely as a recording deal , right? Yes you most certainly are.


So why is it that I've chosen to do two of the most difficult jobs around - ever. (Well probably not ever, I'm sure getting a book deal and getting known for your music was easier once). But I fear that I am destined to be just another struggling artist.


One thing is for sure, if I want to get my book published or if I want people to buy my CD, then the product must be the best it can be. I know that. And that's what I've been working on. Getting this album to be the best in can be has taken a lot longer than I thought it would. People keep asking me 'when is the album going to be released?' And all I can say is 'soon.' I hope they don't get fed up, lose interest. 


I've certainly not lost interest in my artistic pursuits. I'm still pursuing. I'm still teaching singing and doing the occasional covers gig. I've got a gig coming up soon. I feel a bit rusty - have to brush up on some jazz and soul covers but I'm sure I'll get by.


One thing is for certain. I've always been here, in mind and in spirit - musician, writer, teacher and escape artist (oh I never mentioned that one), wife, mother, sister, friend. Trying to keep it all together and trying to finish the DREADED SECOND ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment