Loading...

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

When Age Doesn't Count

Starting a career later in life is not a big deal these days. We live longer, we look younger, we think younger than our parents did so it's not surprising that we sometimes never learn what it is we want to do until a little later. I'm also a firm believer that it's never too late to start something new.

Being a female musician, a singer to be more precise, I was always concerned that people would think I was old and past it if they knew I wasn't 17. I really can't pass for that age and I can't make apologies for loving writing and creating music just because I've reached a certain age. I'll have to accept it and so will everyone else. After all, what's the most important thing about creating music. Firstly that you love what you do and that you can get to play it to other people and they grow to love it to.

I've been told that I have fans of all ages from as young as 10 and then upwards of that. So I must be doing something right.

I have to admit it did take a long time before I stopped lying about my age. I would always deduct about 10 years but all that has to stop. I'm in competition with lots of singers half my age but it's those people that come to me for singing lessons. So again - I must be dooing something right.

It feels right, it suits me fine to be who I am - whatever my age. And I'll keep on making music until it's physically impossible and then age really won't matter anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment